How can I exclude a vault from quick-fill

aeu2357
aeu2357
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

How can I exclude a vault from quick-fill on MacOS, e.g. in Safari when I use the hotkey (cmd+slash)? This is driving me nuts because whenever I do a quick fill for a particular entry, it always automatically selects the wrong one from a shared vault which I do not want to use for this. It was super easy to exclude a vault in 1Password7, and now I'm frustrated that I've spent as much time as I have so far hunting around for this option in 1Password8. Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:exclude vault in quick fill Mac

Comments

• Hi @aeu2357 - When you fill using Command + \, you're using Universal Autofill, which is part of 1Password for Mac, rather than 1Password for your browser. So, your Universal Autofill settings will determine what gets filled.

You can create a Collection which only contains the vault(s) that you would like to see in Quick Access/Universal AutoFill and then tell Quick Access and Universal Autofill to only give results from that Collection.

You find out more about creating a Collection in our support guide, here: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults.

Once you've created the Collection, you can open Quick Access (Command + Shift + Space) and click the 1Password icon to the right of the search bar. This will open a dropdown where you can select the Collection.

1Password will remember your selection and pressing Command + \ will only fill from that Collection.

• aeu2357
    aeu2357
    Community Member

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I'll do that.

Also, FWIW, I do UX/UI work as a software dev: even with that expertise I was unable to figure out how to accomplish this relatively simple setting. I can't imagine how the majority of users would possibly be able to figure that out organically. Is there a reason this process is so convoluted? I suggest the UX/dev team take a look at this... it has been very frustrating for me, and I know that's the last thing you (read: marketing/product mgt team) want your users to feel associated with your product.

This discussion has been closed.