Changing password in ParkMobile app, iOS

Options
MMCinSEA
MMCinSEA
Community Member

The ParkMobile app (street parking payment app used by many municipalities, including my hometown of Seattle) has a change-password facility that doesn't seem to play nice with 1Password.

The 'existing password' field reveals the 1Password prompt, as expected. But for the "New Password" field, no prompt is offered.

Jumping through the 1Password app separately to generate a password, copy, and then come back to ParkMobile to paste the new password is not only very cumbersome, it doesn't seem to work.

End result: I cannot readily change my password in this app.

There is no web UI for ParkMobile.

What do you recommend as a procedure to successfully change the password in such a scenario?

ParkMobile suffered a breach so password changing is non-optional, and I had hoped to use a strong password generated by 1Password for my new PW.

Note: I'm a LastPass refugee and for all the ire I have for them right now, their readily-accessible password generator tool in iOS is 100% better than 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 16.2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:parkmobile ios

Comments

• Hi @MMCinSEA - welcome to 1Password 👋🏻

Saving and Filling in apps on iOS is handled by iOS Password AutoFill, so 1Password has to work within the limitations of Password AutoFill when changing passwords within apps.

Jumping through the 1Password app separately to generate a password, copy, and then come back to ParkMobile to paste the new password is not only very cumbersome, it doesn't seem to work.

The steps below should allow you to change your password in the ParkMobile app:

Step 1: Sign in to the app in question

1. Sign into the ParkMobile app and find the “change password” page.
    2. If this page requires your current password, tap your username above the keyboard. If you have more than one Login for the website, tap the key icon to choose a different one.

Step 2: Create your new password

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    2. Select the Login item for the app in question and tap Edit.
    3. Tap the gear wheel in the password field. Adjust the password settings if necessary, then tap Done.
    4. Tap the password field to copy your new password.
    5. In the app where you're changing your password, paste your new password.
    6. Finish changing your password on the app.

Let me know how this goes and I'll be here to help if there's any issues. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.