new item title creation is inefficient

Options
techmedic
techmedic
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

When we make a new item, say a Login, it starts with the placeholder title of "Login", which is reasonable. However, it doesn't start with that text highlighted, which means you first have to hit backspace a number of times or highlight the text and delete. This is an unnecessary nuisance.

Please make the simple change of making the placeholder text for new items be highlighted upon creation so that merely typing the title overwrites the placeholder without any necessary deletion.
(I think it worked smoothly in 1Password versions before v8)

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:new item title

Comments

• Hello @techmedic! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thank you for feedback! We have an existing feature request open for this and I've added your comments there. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1521

• techmedic
    techmedic
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciated!

• @techmedic

Thanks again for the suggestion. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

I just came here to request the same thing. Please add me to this request. It's an extra unneeded step to have to select the title.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks @janpeeters

I've got you down for that request.

ref: PB-31679113

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P

• ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• JohnInCA
    JohnInCA
    Community Member
    Options

Iโ€™m a new Windows user with the same request. As far as I can tell, the title box can be empty. If Iโ€™ve selected a new item, I already know what it is, so the label is unnecessary. But if the label is there, please have it selected/highlighted so it can be removed easily. Thank you.

• Thanks JohnInCA

I've passed along your feedback.

ref: PB-31758849

This discussion has been closed.