Unable to sign in to Web Page on Mac

spiegelmbc
spiegelmbc
Community Member

I don't understand why I can't sign into the WEB page on my MAC. I am signed into the extension on Chrome and the separate MAC App and on my IPhone all using the same credentials. But when I copy the password from the App or from the Browser extension to try and log in to my Family Account on the IPassword WEB page it won't allow me to log in and states "We weren’t able to sign in to your account. Maybe there’s a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again." I am using Chrome and Ventura is my operating system if that matters. Also I changed my password via the extension yesterday. Is it possible the change did not "register" on the WEB page. I am in my trial period for 1Password trying to decide whether to switch from LastPass and I want to log in to the WEB page to add my wife to my family account.

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Mac Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• spiegelmbc
    spiegelmbc
    Community Member

Problem solved. I was able to use my old password to log into the WEB page and then changed it to conform to the password the MAC app, the extension and the IOS app use. What I don't understand is why my password wasn't updated on the WEB login when I changed it on the extension.

• @spiegelmbc

You mentioned changing the password via the extension. Did you change the password inside the starter kit item? If so, that would not propagate to your account. That might explain it.

Changing the password via 1Password.com is the desired approach. How to change your 1Password password

This discussion has been closed.