Will "Sign in with xxx" ever work with Safari?

LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Subject says it all...but the forum software is asking for more details. It would be a sad day if this feature never worked in Safari.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @LarryMcJ, 👋

Thanks for reaching out!

We just released an update for 1Password for Safari (2.5.1) that includes the "Sign in with" feature. If 1Password for Safari isn't set to automatically update, you can check for an update using these steps:

1. Open the App Store.
    2. Click Updates in the sidebar, then select Store > Reload Page (or press Command-R).

Once you see a 1Password for Safari update available, you can click "Update".

Let us know how things come along!

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Hmmm...I have auto-updates turned on and I have 2.5.1. If it was just released today, that's probably the reason. I was only going on what your blog article says about this...(does not work in Safari), which is what prompted my post. Thanks!

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

I must not be holding my mouth right...it's not working. The 1Password 2.5.1 extension is installed, I tried logging into my account at https://www.blazepizza.com (with Apple). It logged me it just fine, but 1Password never prompted me to save the login. I double-checked what Travis Hogan said in your blog post...this should be working. Here's what he posted.

"When you sign in to or sign up for an account with your Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Twitter, Okta, or GitHub credentials, 1Password will ask if you’d like to save the login to one of your vaults. The next time you visit that site, 1Password will offer to sign you in using the proper credentials. One click, and you’re in."

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

I noticed this as well. 1PW never prompted me to save the login after logged in with my Apple ID. I had to add those to 1PW manually. I did notice that once in 1PW it would prompt me to Sign In With Apple. But it's not prompting to save that info itself.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

The problem with adding it manually, is 1Password with only save it as a conventional username/password, not as a "sign-in as..." login.

• Hi @OAW and @LarryMcJ,

If you're use using 1Password for Safari on a Mac or iOS device, you won't be able to save or update logins in your browser that use sign-in providers at this time, however, you can use the "Sign in with" feature to sign in to websites with logins that already have a supported provider manually added or saved when creating the item using a different supported browser. I apologize for any confusion.

You can find more details in our support article below:

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

@david.m_1P Is support for Safari or the roadmap or no?

• david.m_1P
    edited January 2023

Hi @OAW,

My apologies for the delayed response. We're hoping to bring the full capabilities of the "Sign in with" feature to 1Password for Safari, however, there is no ETA on an update at this time.

This discussion has been closed.