Incorrect device name...

Options
AbsentMindedAF
AbsentMindedAF
Community Member

The name of my MacBook Pro M1 is incorrect under "Trusted Devices and Browsers".

How do I update the name of my device to the current device name?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: MacOS Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Incorrect device name...

Comments

• Hello @AbsentMindedAF! 👋

I'm sorry that the device name is wrong. Do you recognize the device name at all? Is it possible that you restored a Time Machine backup of another Mac or used Migration Assistant to move from another Mac?

To clear the device name you can deauthorize the device:

1. Make sure that you download and save your Emergency Kit.
    2. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    3. Click on your name and then click on My Profile.
    4. Click on the gear wheel next to the incorrect device name and then click Deauthorize Device.

1Password will ask you for your account password and Secret Key the next time that you open the app. Let me know if that helps. 🙂

-Dave

• dsm363
    dsm363
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I'm having the same issue. My iPhone 14 Pro (with iOS 16.3.1) is named as such. But it's reporting an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.6. I know it's my current phone as I removed it and had to add it back. This is under Trusted Devices and Browsers section of My Profile.

Also, my iMac is reporting macOS 12.3.1 even though it's at the latest version. Thanks.

• @dsm363

I'm sorry that you're seeing incorrect operating system information on 1Password.com. Since I don't have access to your account information here on the public forums, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can take a look and advise further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• dsm363
    dsm363
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks. This is what I got. [#SMV-19368-272]

David

• @dsm363

Thanks. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: SMV-19368-272

This discussion has been closed.