Having trouble upgrading to 1P8. Seems to default back to earlier version (?). Won't autofill.

Options
davsegal
davsegal
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

It seems I have two versions. 1P7 and an earlier version. Prompt to upgrade to 1P8 brings message that process can't be finished until 1P7 is moved to trash. 1P works, just not able to upgrade.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Having trouble upgrading to 1P8. Seems to default back to earlier version (?). Won't autofill.

Comments

• Hello @davsegal! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble upgrading to 1Password 8. Can you try the instructions in our upgrade guide here: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac

If that doesn't work then can you post a screenshot of the message that you're seeing? Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• davsegal
    davsegal
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. I only received one message in the 10 or so times I tried to upload 1P8. Said to pull 1P7 to trash and try again. That didn't work either. Rest of the time I receive no message, but when I open 1P7 there's been a prompt to upgrade to 1P8. Screen shot doesn't have any info.

• @davsegal

Thank you for the reply. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please follow the instructions for 1Password 7. Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• davsegal
    davsegal
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID number [#UDL-71936-818]

• @davsegal

Thank you for posting the Support ID! One of my colleagues will take a look and send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.