1Password extension on Firefox/Chrome on MacOS 12.6.2 slow & wants passphrase instead of fingerprint

As of a couple of days ago the 1Password extension wants me to reauthenticate using my passphrase instead of my fingerprint reader at least once a day instead of once every two weeks. When this happens the 1Password (browser) dialog pops up and displays a loading message. This loading message is there for many seconds (easily 10 secs).

Afterwards everything is snappy and I can authenticate using the fingerprint reader. But the next day, sometimes even later on the same day, I start again with the very slow loading message and it wanting my passphrase again.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.13 (80913040)
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: MacOS 12.6.2
Browser:_ Firefox 108.0.2 / Chrome 108.0.5359.124

Comments

• Hi @Guido Kollerie ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some trouble unlocking 1Password with your fingerprint. It sounds like the 1Password extension may be having trouble communicating with the 1Password app. Can you try the following steps and let us know if it improves things:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then select "Settings".
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit the 1Password app and your browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open your browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then select "Settings" again.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

I look forward to hearing from you!

• Guido Kollerie
    Guido Kollerie
    Community Member

I have performed these steps for both Firefox and Chrome. Will let you know if this has solved the issue. Thank you thus far.

• You're welcome, @Guido Kollerie . Let us know how things go. If the issue persists, we can take a closer look.

• Guido Kollerie
    Guido Kollerie
    Community Member

@david.m_1P Your simple 6 step solution seems to have resolved the issue I had. Thank you!

• That's great news @Guido Kollerie , let us know if there is anything else we can help with and have a lovely weekend!

This discussion has been closed.