Changed password not updating anywhere else (browser extensions, other devices)

Options
NoahD
NoahD
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

I had to change a password a couple of weeks ago—I updated it in the 1Password app on my Mac, and when I use that I get the latest password. However, all of my browser extensions and my phone still provide the previous password—I've rebooted everything since then, no change. When I access the (current) item via the 1Password app, the last updated date is 2023-01-09, but when I access the same item anywhere else the last updated date is 2022-10-14 (the created dates match to the second, so I'm confident that I'm looking at the same item).

Is there some way I can force a sync so that the browser extensions and my phone get the updated password?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1, iOS 16.2
Browser:_ All

Comments

• Hello @NoahD! 👋

Your items should instantly update on all of your devices so we'll need to investigate why this isn't happening in your case. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• NoahD
    NoahD
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much Dave, that's done now—the support ID I received is #UDG-82155-728

A couple of updates re: the issue, in case they're of any use:

1. Since I first posted here, I used the 1Password web interface to update the password (i.e., to make it match the new password that was on my Mac but hadn't propagated)—the changed password now shows up on my phone, but all my browser extensions still have the old one.

2. I've seen a few posts by people with similar issues flagging 2FA as a possible contributing factor: this password is for an organization that makes me change every year, and I've never encountered this issue before, but they have implemented 2FA since last year (when the password change propagated successfully).

• @NoahD

Thank you for posting the Support ID and for providing more context. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will take a look at the diagnostics report and send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: UDG-82155-728

This discussion has been closed.