Field type changing when reordered

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 unable to move fields around.

Comments

• bmcavin
    bmcavin
    Community Member
    Options

Not only can you no longer rearrange sections, but V8 changes the type of some fields if you previously reordered them. For example I always rearranged the order after entering my email I put it directly below Password. Since downgrading to version 8, not only did I lose the ability to do this, but 1Password now partially treats my emails as if they were web addresses by putting the logo of my email provider in the header of each Login (Very fortunately it hasn't done this on the list of all entries), and clicking on any of my emails takes me to the main webpage of that email provider.

Please fix this very soon, before I switch to another password manager in frustration.

• Hello @bmcavin! 👋

I've split your comment into a new thread since you've brought up a secondary issue. 🙂

Not only can you no longer rearrange sections

We're working hard to bring field and section reordering to 1Password 8. In fact, we're now testing the functionality in the latest nightly version of 1Password. If testing goes well the feature will be brought to the beta and then the production version as soon as possible.

1Password now partially treats my emails as if they were web addresses by putting the logo of my email provider in the header of each Login (Very fortunately it hasn't done this on the list of all entries), and clicking on any of my emails takes me to the main webpage of that email provider.

I don't believe that we've received other reports of this issue. Could you possibly send me a list of steps that I could follow to reproduce the issue on my end? Are there any screenshots that you could post (removing any sensitive information from the screenshots) to illustrate the issue?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.