1PW menubar icon resets position upon reboot

AaronOOF
AaronOOF
Community Member

I've seen this issue mentioned one or two times before, but I haven't seen any solution. I use HiddenBar (similar to Bartender and Vanilla) to manage the visibility of icons in my MenuBar. I only recently upgraded from 1PW7 to 1PW8, and ever since switching versions, the 1PW icon resets its placement to the far left (and always hidden) section of my MenuBar. This never happened until I upgraded to 1PW8.

I have tried quitting out of HiddenBar, and the same thing happens in that the icon resets to the far left, just it's no longer hidden because I no longer have an active MenuBar manager.

While this is a new problem for 1PW, it is not actually a new problem for my menubar icons. I also use Timery for Toggl, and its icon has always consistently reset too. I've never been able to find any solution.

I am nothing close to a programmer, so whatever is happening underneath is beyond me. However, I do know that both Timery and 1PW8 are both Catalyst apps, so I wonder if that has something to do with why this is happening? I can place all my other desired menu bar icons—using a menubar manager or not—and they retain their positions. But Timery has always reset to the hidden far left (or at least since it's last major macOS update, I think?), and again, this only started with 1PW after switching from version 7 to 8.

So ... whether or not I'm onto anything ... any ideas of how to make the position resetting stop? :-)

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: macOS 12.6.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @AaronOOF

We have an open tracker where the icon does not remember the previous position. I think this is the core of the problem that you're describing. I do not know of any workarounds. My apologies.

ref: dev/core/core#7325

• AaronOOF
    AaronOOF
    Community Member

Appreciate the quick response. Any thoughts on whether this could be an issue specific to Catalyst apps? Is that something that would be more on the macOS side of problems to raise with Apple?

• @AaronOOF

1Password 8 for Mac isn't a Catalyst app. We use Electron with the Core written using Rust.

Our developers have this on their list of issues to look into and address, hopefully it'll be fixed in a future update. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.