Android password autofill not working

rcpett2
rcpett2
Community Member

I am trying to migrate from LastPass but the is a serious problem for me. I have a Samsung Note 8 running Android 9, 1password 8.9.13, and Chrome as the browser. I have the Autofill service set to 1password in the device Settings. I have Autofill turned on in 1password. I have tried it with the setting above supported keyboards and the setting below the fields to which they apply. I am using Gboard, but I tried the Samsung keyboard also, I get no prompts to select a password for autofill, no autofill, indeed no sign of 1password at all. See the attached screenshot. This is not a good first experience....

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @rcpett2, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry there's been an issue filling on your device!

I suspect this is related to a bug that can occur with 1Password on Android 9 devices in Autofill compatibility browsers (such as Chrome, Edge or Samsung Internet). I'd like to ask you to install a browser that uses native Autofill such as Firefox or DuckDuckGo. With a native Autofill browser does 1Password prompt you to fill?

Thanks again!

• rcpett2
    rcpett2
    Community Member

Yes Firefox works

Rob

• Thanks for confirming, @rcpett2. This reaffirms that it's a bug with Autofill compatibility browsers on devices running Android 9. I've passed your report along to our development team as they continue to investigate.

In the meantime, while it's not a universal fix, some users have seen improved behaviour by disabling battery optimization and pinning 1Password.

To disable battery optimization:
    1. Open the settings app on your device.
    2. Tap Battery and device care.
    3. Tap Battery.
    4. If on, set Power saving off.
    5. Tap back to the main settings menu.
    6. Tap Apps.
    7. Search for and select 1Password.
    8. Tap Battery.
    9. Set battery to Unrestricted.

To pin 1Password:
    1. Open 1Password.
    2. Tap the Recents button on your device.
    3. Tap the 1Password icon above the 1Password screen.
    4. Tap "Keep open", "Lock", "Pin" or similar if available.

Let me know if that changes anything!

ref: dev/core/core#17073

This discussion has been closed.