**URGENT** I reset my 1password master PW at 1password.com. This PW does not work on my MAC.

Options
rdeutsch
rdeutsch
Community Member

I forgot my master PW. I recovered my account working with a family member. Now, when I enter my master password on my MAC, it does not work. HELP!!

1Password Version: 7.9.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC OS 12.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:password problems

Comments

• rdeutsch
    rdeutsch
    Community Member
    Options

To better explain this.

• When I recovered my account, I created a new master password at 1password.com (yesterday)
    • Today, when on my MAC, I entered this same password into 1password. It did not work ... Invalid password
    • I then logged onto 1password.com. When prompted for a password for Bob's Family, I entered the newly created password. It worked.

I have 2 vaults in 1password on my mac - one is private; the other is shared. Maybe the password for the different vaults are different?

• drewe20001
    drewe20001
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem for a family member. I have not found a solution yet, but we are able (on different computers) to log in on 1password.com with the new master password, but it will not work on her Mac no matter what I have tried.
    She has 2 vaults - one as a family member and 1 as a guest in a business account. That may be the issue, but I haven't been able to nail it down yet.

• rdeutsch
    rdeutsch
    Community Member
    Options

I'm logged into https://my.1password.com. When I click on vaults, the only vault shown is Shared. On my MAC, I show 3 vaults (not 2 as I previously said):

• Bob's Family:
      ... Private
      ... Shared

• On My Mac
      ... Primary

Virtually all of my user passwords are either in my private vault or my primary vault.

Thanks for getting back to me. I hope to quickly have this resolved or start over. thank you

• Hi there @rdeutsch

You mentioned having a Primary vault on your Mac. If you're using a mixture of standalone vaults and a 1Password account, please send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and we'll be able to help you out. You'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.