I'm fed up with this app.

Options
PeterBBailey
PeterBBailey
Community Member

Once again, I needed a new password. And my new password works on the web. But it doesn't work in the 1P pulldown on my Mac screen. Why? I'm really fed up with all this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• PeterBBailey
    PeterBBailey
    Community Member
    Options

Why could I sign in right here, but I can't sign in with any of the other 1P tokens on my Mac? This is ridiculous. I either have a legitimate password or I don't.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Changing my password doesn't stick!

• djarsky
    djarsky
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry you're frustrated with this. Sometimes my vault doesn't immediately update, too. The quickest fix is to choose Lock 1Password from the pulldown menu and then unlock it again. This process forces an immediate sync and your newly created password should then be available to you in the vault or via the browser extension.

-David

• Hello @PeterBBailey! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into trouble with 1Password. Can you tell me a little more about what's not working? By "new password" do you mean that you changed the account password for 1Password itself? Or you changed a password for a different website?

Are you receiving any error messages? If you are then what do they say. I look forward to helping. 🙂

-Dave

• @djarsky

Thank you for your comment. If you make a change to an item on one device 1Password should instantly update that item on your other devices as well. If you're seeing long delays then something is going wrong and we should investigate. How long does it usually take for you to see an update on another device? On which device are you making the change? And are you using 1Password 8 on all of your devices?

-Dave

• djarsky
    djarsky
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi Dave,

I completely agree with you. I am using 1Password 8 across my devices. Often I do see things updated automatically and near instantly. However, I've definitely witnessed the behavior you're describing on multiple occasions, so hopefully it's something they'll take a look at.

I'll add that it seems like the issue happens most when I've added something into the browser extension (not full web app) which doesn't immediately sync to the Mac OS version or the iOS version.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot if you'd like.

-David

• @djarsky

Thank you for the reply. The team is very interested in troubleshooting this further so that we can see what might be going wrong. As a start, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• PeterBBailey
    PeterBBailey
    Community Member
    Options

I changed my password for 1P by clicking on the link to reset my password. The new password must've taken because up in the upper right I see "Sign Out." I've just done all this again and it still doesn't work. When I "open" 1P using the pulldown icon at the top of my Mac screen, it doesn't respect the password I just created!

• @PeterBBailey

It sounds like you may have a Primary vault in the mix along with a membership. Have you sent us a diagnostic report as we can try to help you with this?

• PeterBBailey
    PeterBBailey
    Community Member
    Options

What are you referring to? Can you tell me how to send a diagnostic report? Will it let me send one even if I can't log in?

Thanks.

• @PeterBBailey

I'm sorry for the lack of clarity. You can send a diagnostics report by following this guide:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• PeterBBailey
    PeterBBailey
    Community Member
    Options

Here it is. I hope it's here. I dragged and dropped it. Using the attach function here, the file was totally greyed out.

• Dave_1P
    edited January 2023
    Options

@PeterBBailey

For your privacy, don't attach the diagnostics report here on the public forums. Please email the diagnostics report to support+forum@1password.com

-Dave

• PeterBBailey
    PeterBBailey
    Community Member
    Options

OK. So, I can sign into this forum here. But I still need to sign into 1Password. No matter how many times I've changed my password, it still doesn't work.

• PeterBBailey
    PeterBBailey
    Community Member
    Options

Obviously, this forum has a different credential than 1P itself.

• Yes, it does. Your password for your data is only ever used to access your data. The community is an entirely different login.

This discussion has been closed.