1Password (re-)launching Alfred 5

Options
egrefen
egrefen
Community Member

I've recently switched Application Launchers away from Alfred, which I am keeping on my system just in case. I've noticed that Alfred keeps relaunching, and that it has something to do with 1Password. Steps to reproduce:

1. Quit Alfred 5.
  2. Open 1Password 8 (doesn't matter if it was running already or not)
  3. Select an item in 1Password 8
  4. Observe Alfred is relaunched. A warning from the system about an osascript running appears as a notification (which I've now silenced, so don't see anymore, but it didn't give any details about what script was running or what was launching it).

In case it's relevant, in ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ there is a file com.alfredapp.1password.plist with the following contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>com.alfredapp.1password</string>
    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
    <array>
        <string>/usr/bin/osascript</string>
        <string>-e</string>
        <string>if application id &quot;com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred&quot; is running then tell application id &quot;com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred&quot; to run trigger &quot;data_update_detected&quot; in workflow &quot;com.alfredapp.1password&quot;</string>
    </array>
    <key>WatchPaths</key>
    <array>
        <string>~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data</string>
    </array>
</dict>
</plist>

Deleting this file ahead of doing the steps above does not prevent Alfred from re-launching, but this file is immediately recreated when Alfred relaunches.

Is this behavior caused by Alfred 5 or 1Password? How do I stop it?

I've created a parallel discussion on the Alfred support forum.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.1 (22C65)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @egrefen! 👋

It looks like you were able to resolve the issue judging by the discussion over on on the Alfred forum. But if I misunderstood and you're still running into trouble then let me know. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.