I'm locked out. Message says Secret code or password was recently changed but it was not.

calmalm
calmalm
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

This issue applies to my Mac, browser and iPhone. My first day using app, after transferring CSV from LastPass, midway through updating and adding passwords, I got locked out. Message said I changed my secret key or password, but I did not. I'm sure I'm entering both correctly (using Emergency kit). I'm in trouble. Can't access many of my apps. I sent help request form last Friday; got a bot reply. On Saturday, I got a human reply (Nate) asking for email confirmation which I sent. Have had no further reply.
I'm happy to provide more details but I don't know what's needed. Possibly I did something in the settings?
I'm considering uninstalling 1Password and starting over, but I don't want to make things worse.

1Password Version: 8.9.13 for Mac
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:I'm locked out. Message says Secret code or password was recently changed but it was not

Comments

• Hello @calmalm! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! I'm sorry that you're having trouble unlocking the app and that there's been a bit of a delay in our responses to your support ticket. I've flagged the ticket to my colleagues and you'll receive a reply over email as soon as possible. To prevent having the same conversation in two different places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: VNW-75257-321

This discussion has been closed.