Password generator for the iOS and macOS apps

This discussion was created from comments split from: Password Generator copy Password popup....

Comments

• SurlySteve
    SurlySteve
    Community Member

I would like to see a password generator added to the iOS and macOS apps similar to https://1password.com/password-generator/. It would be great if all password generators offered the option to select a minimum quantity of numbers and symbols like BitWarden's password generator.

• Hello @SurlySteve! 👋

You can generate and customize a new password from inside of the 1Password apps on both macOS and iOS when you create or edit a new item:

You can read more about the password generator in the apps here: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords

It would be great if all password generators offered the option to select a minimum quantity of numbers and symbols like BitWarden's password generator.

Thank you for the suggestion! I've passed it along to the product team for consideration. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30733000

• SurlySteve
    SurlySteve
    Community Member

Dave, thanks I was wondering how to pull up that window, I have been updating all my passwords after importing them from LastPass and I was going to each site and selecting "change my password" or "Forgot Password" and then letting 1Password create them for me so I hadn't seen the dialogue box with the options.

• @SurlySteve

Thank you for the reply. You can find the window in my screenshot when creating or editing an item:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click + New Item.
    3. Click Login.
    4. Click on the password field and then click Create a New Password.

Once you've chosen your new password you can fill in the other fields as desired and then save the item.

I have been updating all my passwords after importing them from LastPass and I was going to each site and selecting "change my password" or "Forgot Password" and then letting 1Password create them for me so I hadn't seen the dialogue box with the options.

I suggest letting 1Password in the browser create your passwords for you. 1Password will create a secure password and there's generally little reason to modify the suggested password: Change your password in your browser

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.