Never need to enter password

Options
ret61
ret61
Community Member

14 day trial version. Never have to enter 1password account password. Just log into my iPad and any website credentials can be populated without entering the account password. Is this expected behaviour? My only “protection” is my iPad password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Latest
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• ret61
    ret61
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

I never have to enter the account password on my iPad. I just log into my iPad and then I can use 1password without entering the account password. I am on the 14 day trial.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Latest
    Browser:_ Safari

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hello @ret61! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! If you're using the 1Password for Safari extension then you won't have to enter your account password each time that you fill a login into a website. If you'd like to be prompted for your account password more often then you can follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app on your iPad.
    2. Tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and then tap Settings.
    3. Tap Safari Extension.
    4. Set the "Reauthorize After" value to the desired length of time.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• ret61
    ret61
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    Thank you for the quick reply!
    When I launch 1Password from the Ipad Home Screen I get the attached screen

sometimes I get this screen and have to tap Home then All Items to get the screen above.

Don't see my Account or Collections so don't get any further. What am I missing?

So far I am finding it very confusing to get setup on IPad. Seems to be okay on laptop but haven't used it enough to really decide.

Doug

• @ret61

You need to expand the sidebar first by tapping on the sidebar icon in the top right corner:

Then follow the rest of the steps in my previous comment. Let me know if that works. 🙂

-Dave

• ret61
    ret61
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    Yup that worked. Two sort of home pages I guess.

• @ret61

I'm happy to hear that it worked. Were you able to change the "Reauthorize After" setting for 1Password for Safari using the steps that I posted here? Are you now seeing 1Password lock according to the settings that you've chosen?

-Dave

• ret61
    ret61
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    Yes - got it to work on my IPad now to get the same settings on my laptop. Thank you for the replies
    Doug

• @ret61

Glad to hear Dave was able to help. We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.