Community Member

How does this work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @corkyboy

If you set a keyboard shortcut for "Show 1Password" then that keyboard shortcut will bring 1Password to the front from anywhere in Windows, as long as 1Password is running. I can see you have "Keep 1Password in the notification area" checked, so even if you closed 1Password's main window, you could press your "Show 1Password" keyboard shortcut and the main window would reopen.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• corkyboy
    corkyboy
    Community Member
    Options

Can you point me to the instructions on how to set up the shortcut please?

• @corkyboy

Click where it says "Enter shortcut" from your screenshot and press the keyboard shortcut you want to use. It'll be saved automatically, and you can then use it to bring 1Password to the front.

The choice of what keyboard shortcut to use is up to you, but as an example, I use Ctrl + Shift + \ as my "Show 1Password" shortcut.

• corkyboy
    corkyboy
    Community Member
    Options

I tried that but the cursor didn't move, nothing appeared, is that how it is supposed to function?

• @corkyboy

This is how it should look:

The overlay in the recording shows I entered ⌃⇧\ – Ctrl + Shift + Backslash. When I pressed those keys with the "Enter shorcut" field in focus, the shortcut was recorded.

Try following along with that recording and let me know how it goes.

• corkyboy
    corkyboy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, all sorted now! :)

• @corkyboy

Great! We’ll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.