1PW iOS has wrong PW for a specific login

Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Mac

1PW gives me the wrong PW for my Citibank Double Cash card. It gives me the correct PW for my Citibank Costco card. It does the same thing from my iPhone and my iPad.

I have deleted the iOS app and reinstalled - did not help.

I can copy the correct PW from my iOS app and paste that into the Citi Mobil app and all works correctly.

The image attached in not my current password - in fact it is certainly not the previous password and most likely not the password before my previous password. This screen does provide the correct password for the 2cybercost login (my Citibank Costco card)

My iPhone firmware is current. iPhone Pro 13. MacOS 13.2. iOS version of 1PW 8.9.7 on both iPhone and iPad__

Any suggestions?

(Screenshot removed) ~ag_tommy

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

@Gordon101

Try refreshing autofill. Here's how.

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad To refresh follow the instructions once and set another fill method being sure to disable 1Password. Then follow the instructions again and enable 1Password.

To do this perform the off/on in iOS > Settings > Passwords > Autofill

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member

tommy no luck. Your instructions seen geared toward me using Safari. I am actually using the Citibank Mobil App.

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member

However I can use safari - so problem solved I think

• Correct, 1Password uses password autofill provided by iOS. To refresh that and get the updated data into the app (for filling) you would need to deselect and select that option, which should trigger that refresh. Let's get you over to my colleagues in email support. This will allow you to share screenshots in a private manner.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include a link to this topic https://1password.community/discussion/137704/1pw-ios-has-wrong-pw-for-a-specific-login#latest
    and
    username Gordon101

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member

OK Tommy -- what is the best way to see assistance in the future? For years I have gone the way I got you -- to the forum. Would it be better to start with email support?

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

You're always welcome to post here. We strive to answer in either location when we can. There are fewer of us here in the community vs. my email colleagues. So to speed things up for you and get you back to a happy place email support may be best in this situation.

This discussion has been closed.