1Password never gets Focus from Safari when unlocking

geekneck
geekneck
Community Member

When 1Password is locked and then summoned from Safari either by ⌘-\ or the toolbar icon, I would expect that 1Password would come to the front, allow me to type my passphrase, unlock, and fill if appropriate. What I observe is that 1Password is hidden behind Safari, requiring a switch to the mouse or quite a number of ⌘-Tab presses to get to it. See example video below.

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: macOS 12.6.3
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @geekneck

Do you have any ad-blockers in place and in use? I ask as the pictures do not load properly and I wonder if something is prohibiting proper communication. Please also try the following.

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock. Unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
This discussion has been closed.