sorting in French

Options
yvonmassi
yvonmassi
Community Member

I use 1Password in its French version. I notice that all accented characters are put at the end of the sorted list after the non-accented ones. You should know that in French, when sorting, the accented letters are not distinguished from the non-accented ones: for example, the letter «é» has the same sorting order as the ordinary «e». I have many entries which starts with an accented character and I'm always looking for them until I remember that they are a the end of the list. This is annoying because in programs like MS Word, Excel, Apple Pages and Safari the sorting is done correctly and, every time I try to find an entry in 1Password, I have to remember that your sorting algorythm is different. Is it possible to have this flw corrected in a future version?

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 13.1 (22C65)
Browser:_ Safari 16.2 (18614.3.7.1.5)
Referrer: forum-search:sorting

Comments

• Hello @yvonmassi! 👋

Thank you for flagging this. I'm not a french speaker myself but I can reproduce the same sorting behaviour that you're seeing when I use the French locale on my Mac and I've filed an issue with our development team so that they can look into this further.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19977

• yvonmassi
    yvonmassi
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Dave, for referring this problem to your development team. Best regards,
    YVON

• On behalf of Dave you're very welcome! Thanks for taking the time to surface this. 😊

This discussion has been closed.