Gremlins! Continual locking.

sShiloh7
sShiloh7
Community Member

I don't know what happened in the past few days, but today, 1Password locks every time I change sites. I'm going through my bills, so check each site and have had to put my password in EVERY TIME to unlock 1Password. It wasn't doing this before and I haven't changed anything in the past few days....haven't even been on the computer for the past few days. Any thoughts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Gremlins!

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

@sShiloh7

Are you using 1Password 8.9.14? If so, please update to the 8.9.15. That should help.

How to keep 1Password up to date

• sShiloh7
    sShiloh7
    Community Member

Tnx, ag_tommy. I keep my computer up to date. I just checked to make sure I wasn't missing an update, but 1Password is 8.9.15.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

@sShiloh7

Thanks. Let's move along. You indicated Safari.

1. Make sure Safari is using 1Password for Safari 2.6.0. If not, update from the Mac App Store.

--

Next try the following.

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
  • sShiloh7
    sShiloh7
    Community Member

@ag_tommy ..... Thank you! Fixed! It was Safari. When I said I keep my computer up to date, well...I missed that one. My only excuse is that my sister had a brain bleed followed by brain surgery a few weeks ago and it's been a little busy around here. It's possible I could have used a little brain tune-up, too. ;-) I only joke about it because my sister is through rehab, home, and doing fine. Thanks, again!

• @sShiloh7

I'm really sorry to hear about your sister, I hope that she continues to recover at home. Please take care of yourself and your family.

Let us know if you run into any other issues in the future, we're here to help.

-Dave

• sShiloh7
    sShiloh7
    Community Member

@Dave_1P ...... Thank you. :-) As it turned out, the bleed was minor, but lucky. Her neurologist said she had "a ticking time bomb in her head" that, without surgery, would likely have killed her down the road. So far, it appears she has had no negative physical or cognitive effects and we're hopeful for a full recovery with rest, exercise, and better food than she had at rehab. ;-) And believe me, I truly appreciate your team, your help, and concern. Hope you all have a great day! Stay well, stay safe.

• @sShiloh7

Sending you and your sister warm thoughts and sincere wishes. Stay safe.

-Dave

• Our thoughts and well wishes go out to the both of you. ❤️

This discussion has been closed.