Tag counts?

Options
macgirl
macgirl
Community Member

Any way to view tag counts in 1Password 8? I'm trying to consolidate some tags and it's hard to do without seeing how many items each tag has.

1Password Version: 8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @macgirl

If you are using 12.2 I would highly recommend updating as soon as possible. As to tag counts select the tag in the sidebar and then in the center column you can view the count at the bottom of the section. If the list is long you can also click the sort button to show the count.

• Check that you have tags shown in the sidebar in 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Appearance -- Always show in the Sidebar -- Categories, Tags

• macgirl
    macgirl
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy - You're right about macOS version. I meant 13.2.

My preferences are set to show tags, but I can't see tag counts. Clicking on each tag to view the count is beyond cumbersome and doesn't accomplish what 1Password 7 did so easily -- provide tag counts for all tags at a quick glance.

These two screenshots explain it better than I can...

• @macgirl

Thank you for the suggestion. I've passed along your request to the product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30997758

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

After asking for more than a year to bring back item counts, I believe that someone at AgileBits hates item counts and doesn't want to see them.
    The widely accepted standard to show counts next to the item was available for a few days in nightly builds and was finally replaced by the barely usable counts at the end of the list and in the sort button.
    The/My main purpose of item counts is to easily get an overview of how many items are belong to (sub)structures. Hiding the count doesn't give an overview at all. Having to scroll thousands of elements within a list to get to the end just to see the count is an awfull UI design. Putting the count into a sort order button is breaking the context of this button as sorting has nothing in common with counts.
    @macgirl 's last screenshot is a perfect example how item counts should be implemented and how they are used in almost all applications.
    So please bring either back counts in the widely accepted way using counters next to the item they are referring to or just drop the completely. A simple show/hide option in the view menu could be used to avoid clutter.

• @viswiz

Thank you for the feedback.

-Dave

ref: PB-31013166

• syso
    syso
    Community Member
    Options

Long term 1Password for macOS/iOS user here.

I migrated from version 7 to version 8 minutes ago. The absence of item counts is a major user interface flaw from my point of view. The fact that the counts are missing prevents me from easily confirming that all my entries have been properly migrated.

This makes me consider reverting to version 7.

I would really appreciate that the 1Password team communicates a firm commitment to reintroduce the item counts.

• @syso

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed along your comments to the product team. 🙂

In the meantime, you can still see the number of items associated with a certain tag by doing the following:

1. Scrolling to the bottom of the tag's item list.
    2. Clicking on the sort button above the centre column.

-Dave

ref: PB-31938383

This discussion has been closed.