Importing all my vaults from version 7 to 8?

Mork
Mork
Community Member

Will 1Password8 subscription correctly upload and install all my vaults (4) that I have in 1Password7?

The description says you start with two vaults in 1P8, but I'm assuming that's for a fresh install.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey Mork,

Is all of your data in a membership? If so, then you'll sign in and all of your data will be present. If not, 1Password 8 will help you move your data from an previous 3rd party sync setup you may have used with 1Password 7.

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

Not yet a subscriber w/ a membership. Still on 1P7 with four vaults. Waiting for my wife to invite me to her 1P8 subscription when we'll upgrade to family. Does that approach make sense?
    Thanks.

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member

We got a family membership and I was able to log into the main website.
    Downloaded 1p8 and it recognized the membership account.

But, when I clicked "Move data", it's hung in "Waiting for data to be moved. Don't quit this app."

Nothing happens the dialog is hung. Tried redoing it, rebooting, etc..

What do I do now?

1Password Version: 8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 13.2
    Browser:_ FF

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member

The problem resolved. It's possible the problem was that other family member hadn't yet confirmed my invitation.

• @Mork

Your wife will need to upgrade to 1Password Families first. Once upgraded, she can invite you as a family member: Add and remove family members

Then you can use this guide to migrate to 1Password 8 and your new account: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac

Let us know if you run into any issues. We're here to help. 🙂

-Dave

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member

Thanks. Finally got it all set up. :)

• @Mork

I'm happy to hear that you're up and running. If you have any questions in the future then don't hesitate to ask! 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.