agent refused operation

Options
kcacciatore
kcacciatore
Community Member

Running 1password 1Password for Mac 8.9.15 (80915001) on M1/Ventura 13.1. I have SSH setup for Git/GitLab. It seems (sorry, but I don't remember if the symptoms started immediately) after upgrading to Ventura, that the SSH agent becomes unresponsive for a time, and I will receive errors like the below

sign_and_send_pubkey: signing failed for ED25519 "<path to key redacted>" from agent: agent refused operation
<github email redacted>: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository

Rerunning the command (git pull, push, doesn't seem to matter) eventually runs successfully, causing the touch id prompt to access the key. As far as configuration, I have 1password configured to prompt for each application/terminal session, and to remember key approval for 24 hours.

It almost seems like the ssh-agent dies in terminal sessions, and needs time to restart before working again?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:agent: agent refused operation

Comments

• Hi @kcacciatore:

Thanks for reaching out! To take a closer look at what could be going on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/137924/agent-refused-operation#latest
    • Your forum username: kcacciatore

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.