Remove old account suggestions

Options
anthonygiuliano
anthonygiuliano
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Mac

Hi, when I go to Manage Accounts > Add an Account, it prompts me to sign in with an old account that I don't want anymore. I don't have the password to this account, how can I remove all traces of it from my computer?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.2.1 (22D68)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Redskutter
    Redskutter
    Community Member
    Options

I would also like to know the answer to this. I have an account I logged into one time over a year ago before it was deleted and now it shows up on all my devices with no way I can see to forget vault.

• @anthonygiuliano and @Redskutter

The account suggestion that you're seeing in the 1Password app on your Mac is being shown because the 1Password app has found a 1Password account in your iCloud Keychain. In order to make it easier to sign into your 1Password account on your Apple devices 1Password will store an encrypted copy of the equivalent of your Emergency Kit in the iCloud Keychain.

If you have an account being found in the details stored in iCloud, and you no longer want that account to show in the list of found accounts, you can remove the data from iCloud keychain:

1. On the Mac, launch the "Keychain Access" utility that comes with macOS
    2. In the search box in the upper-right corner of the app, search for "com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials" (without the quote marks)
    3. Each search result you see is one account's details that are stored in iCloud Keychain
    4. Double-click on the entry you want to examine
    5. Tick the "Show password" box at the bottom of the Attributes tab, and enter your macOS user password when prompted
    6. The contents of the box will show the stored account details - you can click into the box and use the up and down keys on your keyboard to see all of the details
    7. When you have identified the entry that relates to the specific membership you no longer want to have recorded in iCloud Keychain, delete that one com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials entry

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• Redskutter
    Redskutter
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome @Dave_1P, that worked like a charm. Thank you very much!!

• @Redskutter

I'm happy to help. 😊

-Dave

• anthonygiuliano
    anthonygiuliano
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks. I was able to find that pesky account suggestion.

Just out of curiosity, why do I have two entries for my main account? They have matching emailAddress, userUUID, accountKey, and accountName. Only difference I can see is avatarUrl: "" compared to null, and serverURL: https://my.1password.com/ compared to https:\/\/my.1password.com. And lastUsed of course. One was used a few days ago compared to about 6 months ago.

• It could be something like an old unused account. Maybe a deleted account or something of that nature.

• stefan1985
    stefan1985
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Perhaps there are also people who do not have a Mac computer, but only an iPhone or iPad?
    So please also a solution for people who only have an iPhone & iPad!

• Dave_1P
    edited August 2023
    Options

@stefan1985

Thank you for the ping. At the moment, there isn't a way to remove suggested accounts using an iPhone or iPad. If you don't have a Mac yourself then do you have a friend or family member who has a Mac? You can setup a temporary user account on their Mac, sign in to your Apple ID in that user account, remove the account details using the steps in my post from above, and then remove the Mac user account from the Mac.

Alternatively, you can ignore the account suggestion as you'll only see it when adding an account and it doesn't cause any issues being left as it is. 🙂

-Dave

ref: 35035129
    ref: dev/core/core#23532

• owl13
    owl13
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have a strong security concern related to this issue. I absolutely must have the ability to completely forget a previous account from a device, even ok if from all devices related to the same icloud account. I have an iphone and no mac, how do I forget an account?

There are a lot of the same tickets from many people related to this issue (just search for "com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials" on the forum), some of them are back from 2017. When will you resolve this issue?

• @owl13

I've passed along to the team that you are hoping to see movement on this subject. Thank you for letting us know this is something that's important to you.

ref: dev/core/core#23532