Why does 1Password get "disconnected"?

Options
Mork
Mork
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Mac

I have had this problem happen twice in the last two days. While setting up some 2FA (not that this is what's causing this 1P problem) and removing some duplicate passwords, when I go down to "Recently Deleted", I'm greeted with: "1Password is disconnected. Check your internet connection or try again."

Huh?

Going up to the Accounts menu and then clicking Family, I see that "log out" is shown, not "log in".
This issue is causing items not to sync. The entire reason I switched to version 8 was so these kinds of problems would not happen.

In any case, yesterday, I thought this was just a "one off" issue so I logged out of 1P and logged back in and it was OK again on the Mac.

Yet today, it's just happened again....when I go down to "Recently Deleted", I'm greeted with: "1Password is disconnected. Check your internet connection or try again."

I've tried shutting down 1P, restarting, rebooting, ... all the usual stuff.

Are you aware of this issue?

Note: I had thought it might be my VPN (since you mention this for other similar problems), but when I disconnected the VPN, 1Password took a few seconds but then reconnected OK. Thus, whatever is making 1P become "disconnected" appears to be something else.

What should I do so 1P doesn't become "disconnected"?

Thanks,

1Password Version: 8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 13.2.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @Mork

VPN's are often the cause of such troubles. If you'd like to email use we can look into this for you. Please create a diagnostics report from your device:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: Mork
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138140/why-does-1password-get-disconnected#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Will do.

• 👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.