chrome 1password6 capitan

Options

Hi,
Am I in a gotcha? I have multiple Macs and ios devices. My prime work machine needs to remain on El Capitan, and I think I therefore need to use 1Password6 (not the later versions or cloud hosted).
I have a machine with Catalina, and use Chrome on that sometimes. Can I get a 1P extension to use in Chrome?
Where to get and will it continue to run as Chrome updates etc?
Any other info on future of 1P6?
Many thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome 1password6 capitan

Comments

• Hi @cw1nte,

1Password 6 has not been in development for a few years. It's development stopped soon after 1Password 7 was released and now with 1Password 8 the same thing has happened to 1Password 7.

Specifically our download pages summarizes it this way:

Remember that these versions [1Password 6 & 7] are no longer supported and only receive important security updates.

On 1Password in Chrome you can install 1Password in the browser to get the latest and greatest version of 1Password there. Just make sure you also are keeping Chrome up to do date for security reasons and because we take advantage of modern technology in that extension so being on the latest version will give you the best experience.

Additionally from a security perspective we would not suggest using connecting a device to the internet that is using operating system that hasn't received updates within the past 4 years (El Capitan hasn't been updated since 2018).

Catalina is compatible with 1Password 8 so you can upgrade that device to the latest version of 1Password. If you don't have a 1Password account email into
    support+forum@1password.com with the following information and the team can help you migrate and find you the best deal. :)

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138146/chrome-1password6-capitan
    • Your forum username: cw1nte

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.