I need/want a new or custom category

Options
PeterCC
PeterCC
Community Member

I would like the ability to create a new or custom category. Specifically I would like to have a category for items that only have a pin - a static sequence of letters or numbers for which I don't need a login, username/email or website. I could see being able to create a template with my own list of items and being able to name that template to go into the category list with all the other pre-defined category templates like Logins, Passwords, etc.

This could possibly be attached to my account settings rather than a specific version, OS or device as I use multiple devices and OSes (primarily MacOS and IOS but other supported devices and browsers as well)

Thanks,
Peter

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need a new or custom category

Comments

• Hello @PeterCC! πŸ‘‹

I can certainly see how being able to create a custom category for PIN codes would be useful. 1Password doesn't currently include the ability to create custom categories and I've passed along your request for such as feature to our product team.

In the meantime, the Password category sounds like it would be best. You can place the PIN code into the password field and leave the rest of the fields blank.

Thank you for the feedback! πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-31212073

• PeterCC
    PeterCC
    Community Member
    Options

The Secure Documents category works well also but without autofill

• @PeterCC

Thank you for sharing that Secure Notes are another option for you. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• PeterCC