I am unable to save or sync passwords in 1PW after installing update to 8

Options
WaynDGrif
WaynDGrif
Community Member

updated and installed 1PW
8 to laptop and changed password. Usually this results in a sync occurring for other apple devices. in this instance, though it appears the revised pw is saved, logging in only occurs when I use the previous pw

1Password Version: 8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:I am unable to save or sync passwords in 1PW after installing update to 8

Comments

• Hi @WaynDGrif 👋

To clarify, did you change your 1Password account password or was this a password for another service?

Either way, can you let me know if you're able to sign in on 1Password.com and if your data appears correctly there? Let me know what you find and we can go from there!

• WaynDGrif
    WaynDGrif
    Community Member
    Options

All the data is present. I have to use my previous password. This began after downloading and installing 8. It is bewildering. Thanks.

• @WaynDGrif

My best estimation is that you had a Primary vault on the previous installation (non membership) and you changed the password there in the app. With 1Password 8 you would change the password on 1Password.com. How did you change the password? If you did not change it via 1Password.com then you'll likely want to do that so the change affects the membership.

*You may need to unlock once more with the previous password in order for the new changes to take place.

• WaynDGrif
    WaynDGrif
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Andrew. I will give that a try. I did change the pw while in the app on my IPad. I somehow missed the importance of doing so through the .com site. I appreciate your assistance. Will get back tomorrow.

• WaynDGrif
    WaynDGrif
    Community Member
    Options

Still no luck It will allow me to change and save in the vault but will revert to previous password when logging in. I made sure i was using primary vault in all devices and made change in laptop before changing in ipads or phones. never had this problem before downloading 8.

• Hi @WaynDGrif,

Thanks for giving Tommy's suggestions a shot, I'm sorry to hear the issue persists. So that we can take a closer look, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138317/i-am-unable-to-save-or-sync-passwords-in-1pw-after-installing-update-to-8
    • Your forum username: WaynDGrif

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can connect the two conversations. We'll take a look and go from there. Thanks for your patience. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.