1Password opened to edit screen

Options
r3r344r4
r3r344r4
Community Member

Today, I noticed that 1Password 8.10 opened directly to the edit screen of an item! I was most certainly not editing this item when I last closed the app although I did edit it several times during the day. The behavior was very disorienting as I almost edited the wrong field and saved. I have downgraded all our family devices back to 1P 7 until 1P 8 stabilizes a bit. Super concerning that version 8 has so many issues with handling previous state.

Comments

• Hello @r3r344r4! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password opened to an unexpected screen. Can you tell me a little more about how you opened 1Password? Was it by tapping on the 1Password icon from your home screen? Or did you open the 1Password app using a button in 1Password for Safari?

Are you able to reproduce the issue again? If you can then are you able to send me steps that I can follow to reproduce the issue on my device and investigate further?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• r3r344r4
    r3r344r4
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I opened 1Password using the icon on the Home Screen. I had previously edited that item a few times the previous day and this happened when I opened 1Password in the morning. When I opened the app, I watched it open to the main screen, then automatically switch to the items tab, and then automatically switch to the item view and then automatically switch to the edit view.

I’m back on 1P 7 so unfortunately can’t reproduce but hopefully that is enough information.

• @r3r344r4

Thank you for the additional details. While I can't reproduce the issue on my own device at the moment, our developers are currently investigating a few issues with editing items and it sounds like the behaviour that you've described is similar to one of the issues and likely stems from a similar cause. While I'm not able to provide any sort of forecast as to if or when we'll be able to resolve this issue, I can tell you that we're aware that it's something in need of fixing with a future update.

I'll keep an eye out for more reports of the same behaviour so that we can gather more information. Thank you for reporting the issue and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20358
    ref: dev/core/core#20363

• CUDAS
    CUDAS
    Community Member
    Options

Confirming that this has been happening to me repeatedly lately. Pretty big issue. I open on my iPhone 11 Pro Max after searching for the app in Spotlight search.

• @CUDAS

Thank you for reporting the issue. I've added your comments to the internal work item open for the bug as well. Please make sure to keep 1Password updated so that you get the fix as soon as it is released in the future: How to keep 1Password up to date

-Dave

• BBBB
    BBBB
    Community Member
    Options

This has also been happening to me, iPhone SE on 16.2 with 1P 8.10.2.

Can reproduce.

• Thanks BBB we're hoping to have a resolution soon available to folks for use.

• TurboSB
    TurboSB
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

This has been happening a lot for me today. iPhoneSE (2020), iOS 16.3.1 and 1P 8.10.2
    Even when changing screens in the app, a random entry will pop up in an edit screen.

• @TurboSB

I'm sorry that you're also seeing the issue, I've let our developers know that you're affected.

-Dave

• BBBB
    BBBB
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to note that this has resulted in mistaking editing the wrong login more than once.
    Open a login to edit in 1P.
    Switch to another app to copy info.
    Switch back to 1P to paste into field.
    (Don’t notice that you are now editing a different login than the one you left open.)
    Hit save.
    Confusion when a login fails.

• waltherg
    waltherg
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue on iPhone 13 with both iOS and 1Password latest versions as of today. This issue has also caused me to falsely edit old entries. Would be great if this could get resolved.

• Sorry for the confusion folks and the headaches. The team is working with this. I see relief in the beta. Hopefully the wait will not be much longer and we can get that beta to the production side of things.

This discussion has been closed.