I am asked for 2FA verification code. I did not set up 2FA. how do I reset 2FA ?

hd1pw
hd1pw
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have 1Password v7.7.805 in my Windows 10 PC. I did not set up 2FA. Now, any time I try to loginto 1Password, after entering my email, secret key and master password, it is asking me for 6 digit code. I am not seeing these codes in my authenticator (Okta) app. How do I disable 2FA so I can login?

1Password Version: 7.7.805
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am asked for 2FA verification code. I did not set up 2FA. how do I reset 2FA ?

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited March 2023

Hello @hd1pw,

Thanks for your message and sorry for the troubles you are experiencing with 2fa with 1Password. If you did not Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account, could write in to us and let us know more about the account you are using? For example are you part of a team or business account where 2fa maybe enforced? Please send an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com so we can help look in to this 2fa matter further.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138507/i-am-asked-for-2fa-verification-code-i-did-not-set-up-2fa-how-do-i-reset-2fa#latest
    • Your forum username: hd1pw

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here. Thanks!

In the meantime, if you weren't aware, 1Password 8 for Windows is now available.

This discussion has been closed.