Export *.csv file for ONLY the "log in" category from my vault (not all the other random junk)

Options
dmarrduncan
dmarrduncan
Community Member

When I export in *.csv format at one time we could "select" what we wanted exported (e.g. just the login items in my vault). Now the export csv seems to export all info 1PW app has relating to logins, e.g. Archive, random sites we accessed, etc. I just want to export and printout the title, site, username and pw for my "login" category items only ... to put in a safe deposit box. Help?

1Password Version: 8.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Export *.csv file for ONLY the "log in" category from my vault (not all the other random junk)

Comments

• @dmarrduncan

We recommend against exporting because the data is left unencrypted. We would recommend looking at printing off your 🚒 Emergency Kit and placing that along with your password in the safe deposit box. You data would remain encrypted in 1Password. The user needing access could install the app or access your data on 1Password.com in a few minutes vs. needing to manually enter in all you passwords by hand. Not to mention that frequent exporting would be required each time you change an entry. You could theoretically change a login the same day you export and that data would be inaccessible. By using the Emergency Kit and account password your loved ones or heirs would always have access to the most up to date data stored in 1Password.

• dmarrduncan
    dmarrduncan
    Community Member
    Options

thanks

• @dmarrduncan

I'm happy that Tommy was able to help. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any questions in the future. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.