1Password on Mac, cannot add primary vault.

Options
AnaRose
AnaRose
Community Member

I've been pretty laxed about re-installing 1Password on my Mac after a full system re-installed. For the first time I decided to download 1Password from the site and not from the MAS. However, I can only see my Personal vault and not my Primary vault which was saved on Dropbox. My primary vault has my most up-to-date info. How can I add that vault to this new version of 1Password? I pay for 1Password yearly. Have for years. I just prefer using my primary vault on Dropbox.

I should mention that on my iPhone and iPad I am still on 1Password 7 from the App Store. So on those devices I can everything I've saved recently (within the last year). If I update to 1Password 8 on those devices will that also remove the primary vault from those devices? As I said, I prefer dropbox and almost never bother signing into 1Password account on those devices so my personal account, that's synced to 1Password servers, is very behind and out-of-date.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @AnaRose! 👋

1Password 8 no longer supports older standalone "Primary" vaults and is designed to work with modern 1Password account vaults. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our dedicated migration team can help you migrate the Primary vault to your 1Password account. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.