Unable to load 1PW on Mac OS

Options
cjbulow
cjbulow
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Mac

A beta upgrade which worked since it was installed a day or so back, now gives the error message below when launching. Re-booted and re-installed but still fails.

"You’ve used a newer version of 1Password on this device. Update to the latest version to keep using 1Password. Contact support@1password.com if you need help."

1Password Version: 8.10.3-1.BETA
Extension Version: All of them
OS Version: macOS 11.7.5
Browser:_ All of them

Comments

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

I've found earlier threads; using the workaround to delete the old Data folder seems to allow me to run 1PW again although I have no idea why the problem arose in the first place? I've not changed the channel from Nightly at all.

• Hi there @cjbulow

You're quite right that resetting 1Password by compressing the folder ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data and removing the original will correct this issue.

The cause for this issue in this case was a mismatch in the version number of the database, which we rectified the same day by issuing a new Nightly build. Sorry for the inconvenience!

— Grey

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the follow-up and understood. I realise it's a beta channel with all that implies, just wanted to make sure I hadn't screwed up.

• @cjbulow

You're welcome! Happy to say it wasn't anything you did. :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Hah; that makes a change from my usual default working style. Thanks again, you can close this one now :)

• 😆 Appreciate the confirmation, @cjbulow, I'll close this thread but don't hesitate to open another if you come across anything in the future!

This discussion has been closed.