iOS Safari system autofill not showing suggestions

TomCharman
TomCharman
Community Member

Going to a website with a login set up, no autofill suggestions appear above the keyboard. If I press the "Passwords" button in the bar above the keyboard, the 1password UI appears and I can select the correct login, which works.

This stopped working for my mum a while back and has now started on my phone too. Is it a known issue at the moment? I couldn't see anything specifically on the forum but I might be blind.

1Password Version: 8.10.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• vman
    vman
    Community Member

+1

• Kabaye
    Kabaye
    Community Member

You need to restart safari to make suggestions appear again.
    I have screen recorded with this issue, here (March, 11): Another disscussion

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2023

Hello @TomCharman, @vman, @WorldIRC and @Kabaye! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing suggestions appear above your keyboard when using Password AutoFill. Can you please try the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Make sure that "Show filling suggestions" is turned on.
    5. Try to fill a login again.

If that doesn't work then can you tell me which browser you're using and whether the same issue occurs when using Safari?

-Dave

• vman
    vman
    Community Member

Show filling suggestions is turned on and i'm having the issue in safari.

• TomCharman
    TomCharman
    Community Member

Interesting. My auto fill settings looked correct but I reselected my family as the source again, and that seems to have flushed out some gremlins. Now I’m seeing suggestions on many sites I wasn’t before in safari.

(Not on this forum’s login though, for some reason! Working with the extension on iPad.)

• Kabaye
    Kabaye
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

Hello @Dave_1P
    I made new screen recording, showing this bug:
    [Link removed by 1Password Support -Moderator]

Hope it will help to better understand issue.

• @TomCharman

Thank you for sharing! @WorldIRC, and @vman can you try the suggestion that TomCharman shared here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/680079/#Comment_680079

@Kabaye

Thank you for posting the screen recording, I've removed the link since I can't verify that it's safe for folks to click on. Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com with a link to this thread so that our support team can request the screen recording from you using a secure channel and advise further.

-Dave

• @WorldIRC

This thread is about Password AutoFill and not the Safari browser extension. Can you clarify which issue you're referring to?

-Dave

• @WorldIRC

Thank you for the clarification. To avoid confusion, let's keep the discussion about the Safari extension in the other thread. This thread is about the Password AutoFill behaviour that TomCharman described in his original post. Password AutoFill and the Safari extension are two entirely separate systems and work differently.

In terms of the issue here, I have not been able to resolve (but only within Chrome). Safari is OK.

The suggestions that appear above the keyboard when using Password AutoFill are rendered entirely by iOS and 1Password just provides the data for the experience. If suggestions are appearing in Safari but not Chrome then it suggests to me that 1Password is properly handing off information to iOS Password AutoFill and then something is going wrong on either the iOS or Chrome end. I've previously run into this behaviour and tested Keychain on the same website, when open in Safari and open in Chrome, and saw the same issue there which means that the behaviour isn't limited to 1Password but affects all password managers that use iOS Password AutoFill. I suggest reporting the issue to Apple so that they can investigate further. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.