1password is less than worthy for password changing and adding new sites.... what to do?

Options
COBBONTHECORN
COBBONTHECORN
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

So I have about 16 hours of seat time migrating to 1password. Not a smooth transition to say the least. My process for changing passwords now involves generating a new password, saving it in a dummy login, then saving the old password so I don't loose it in the process, go to the site, let 1password fill in the old password, then.... in about 25% of the cases the suggestion is accepted and 1password updates the login information. In all other cases it either updates the site but then refuses to update the login information, thus loosing the new password in the process. Other times it just refuses to paste the suggested password.

Summarizing...... Issue 1: When changing passwords 1password suggests a new password but in about 75% of the cases it won't fill in the suggestion. Issue 2: When creating a new login 1password refuses to save the collected information.

Before you ask, by way of example, I couldn't add a login for this community site as 1password refused to save the login information. Any suggestions?

New to posting- Windows 8.10.1 on Production channel

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @COBBONTHECORN,

I'm sorry for the difficulty you have had when using 1Password to save a new login. I'm wondering if you may be running into an issue that we are currently investigating. Are you seeing an error message at all when 1Password won't save a login?

Do the steps below improve things for you?

1. Open your web browser - right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and click 'Settings'.
    2. Look under the General section, and then look for the setting "Integrate with 1Password app" and toggle that off.
    3. Scroll down to "Accounts & vaults" section, and click the ( ⋮ ) three dots to sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Fully quit the web browser.
    6. Re-open the web browser, unlock the extension, and test things out once more.
      • You can leave the 'Integrate with 1Password app' setting off if you do not have the 1Password desktop app installed.

Let us know how you get on!

• COBBONTHECORN
    COBBONTHECORN
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I would have guested that sooner or later! LOL It seems to have worked. It also answered why I could not access another family members account. Tks! p.s. No error messages at all, only a says it can't save.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@COBBONTHECORN glad to hear that helped. If you encounter the issue again, please let us know and we can have another look at it.

This discussion has been closed.