struggling after years on an Apple device

Options
Andycockayne
Andycockayne
Community Member

Ok more than appreciate this is a me problem but: i have just moved over onto an android (samsung phone) after years on an Apple. when i was in 1password on my apple i would open it, go to the website from my list and hit the url, it would take me there (from within 1password it seemed) and then give me the option of loading up the password and bobs your uncle i was in. now on my android i do the same and all it does is kick me out and loads it on google, with no option of filling in the relevant information. I know i have set it up wrong or not done something but pleading age, new phone, complete lack of any tech skills and just plain ignorance! i cannot make it work how it did on the Apple, any help very much appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Andycockayne, welcome to the Android family!

To start, can you please confirm whether you have Autofill enabled:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon on the top right.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. If Autofill is off, tap it to enable it. You will be redirected to the Autofill settings within your Android device, where you can select 1Password.

Let me know how that goes!

• Andycockayne
    Andycockayne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Audrey and yes it does feel like I've returned from the dark side! My main issue now is that when I go to a site within my passwords it seems to take me out and puts me onto to my browser. So that I'm effectively having to log back into my passwords again after ie finished looking at the site. This wasn't the case with apple. I would log into my passwords and then everything would be contained within the site. Is this a me problem or Android just does it this way. Thanks for your help 👍

• Hi @Andycockayne, thanks for following up with us.

Due to differences in the Autofill services available, 1Password for Android cannot open and fill as you may see with 1Password in the browser or 1Password for Safari on an iOS device. Instead you can navigate to your websites directly or follow these steps:
    2. Open an item and tap the saved URL.
    3. When the page loads, tap a sign in field (username, email, password or similar).
    4. Tap the suggested item to fill your information.

If 1Password prompts you to unlock the app again, I would suggest adjusting your Auto-Lock settings:
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. Tap Auto-Lock on Exit.
    5. Select an interval other than Immediately.

Let us know if that helps!

This discussion has been closed.