1Password extension gone from Safari and cannot be reinstalled

jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have been using the 1Password extension for Safari for several years. I had used it several times today. After a reboot of my Mac, the extension has been unintalled from Safari. It is not shown in Extensions.

When I try to reinstall it, the app page says "Open", implying it is installed. When I click on Open, I get a popup that has the steps to turn on 1Password for Safari in Extensions. But it is not there.

What to do?

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6.3
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @jasimon9

If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar should help. If you continue to have trouble please let us know.

Open 1Password for Mac.
    Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension from the menu bar.

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member

Follow your instruction apparently did fix the issue. Any idea why 1P extension would suddenly disappear from Safari?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@jasimon9 it's hard to say what happened exactly without looking at some logs. However, if the extension had not been updated for a while, then you could have encountered an old bug, in which this specific behavior was present.

I wouldn't worry, as long as your extension is up to date and as long as things are working smoothly going forward. If you do encounter any issues though, please let us know. We'll always be happy to help.

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member

Thanks Joy_1P!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@jasimon9 you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.