App logout without unlocking

Options
planky1
planky1
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Mac

Hi, I have unfortunately managed to forget my master password and so have been required to delete my account and start from scratch.

I am now in the process of setting up my new account, but my 1Password app is still asking me for the password from my old account. I can find no option to log out of the old account without unlocking, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Any advice on what else I can try to get the app going with my new account?
many thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.0.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

@planky1

1. 🛑 Make sure you have your Emergency Kit and know your account password and all data is contained on 1Password.com.
    • Your's would be the exception as you are starting over and you'll likely have no data on 1Password.com unless you've added it on another device. The most important thing is to make sure all of your data is safe.
    1. Quit 1Password and all browser for good measure. Right-click 1Password in the menu bar (If it's there) and click Quit.
    2. Open Finder, and click the Go menu > Go to Folder...
      In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/

3. Press Return.

4. You'll see a folder called Data – right-click on the folder and select Compress "Data".

5. Drag the original Data folder to the Trash.
    6. Wait a few moments and then open 1Password 8. You'll be taken through the setup process. If you see the option for a suggested account please use the other option to enter the details manually.
This discussion has been closed.