Your Connect server hasn’t authenticated with 1Password yet.

Options
mmorejon
mmorejon
Community Member

Hi team!
I deployed a Connect server in my Raspberry Pi to test the Kubernentes Operator using Helm Chart following your steps in the Development guide.
All pods are running healthy, and no errors have been found in the logs, but I still have the following message on the website "Your Connect server hasn’t authenticated with 1Password yet."

Some details about the configuration:

Account type: Family Organizer

$ helm list

NAME NAMESPACE REVISION UPDATED STATUS CHART APP VERSION
connect op-system 1 2023-03-16 22:09:51.205888 +0100 CET deployed connect-1.10.0 1.5.7

$ k get pods

NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE
onepassword-connect-operator-576cf445c7-bl5tl 1/1 Running 0 29m
onepassword-connect-6544fc5865-p7xb8 2/2 Running 0 29m

Any suggestion to know where I have the error? or what I'm missing?

Best

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• mmorejon
    mmorejon
    Community Member
    Options

I noted a rare behavior. I created a CRD OnePasswordItem to see some possible error logs, but I got surprised that everything was working well, and now the connector shows a different message on the website.

I'm glad to see everything works well, but I suggest changing this workflow. What I expected was is the app connect to the vault when started and update the messages on the website.

• Jillian_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thank you for the feedback and the update. Because of the nature of how 1Password Connect authorizes with the 1Password server and unencrypts your credentials, Connect will not authenticate with 1Password until it has both the 1password-credentials.json file as well as a valid connect token.

Would explaining this better in the documentation be a satisfactory solution for you?

This discussion has been closed.