Can I download a complete copy of all my data on 1Password?

Options
Kimbals
Kimbals
Community Member

Is it possible to download a complete backup copy of all my 1Passord data, in case I ever loose access?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I download a complete copy of all my data on 1Password?

Comments

• Kimbals
    Kimbals
    Community Member
    Options

Looking for Customer support.

• JohnInCA
    JohnInCA
    Community Member
    Options

In the desktop app, click the three dots in the upper left corner. Point at Export and then click your name. Enter your password. You'll see two choices with explanations of what each saves. I save both onto a flash drive, but you may prefer to save the files elsewhere.

• Kimbals
    Kimbals
    Community Member
    Options

It is greyed out.

• JohnInCA
    JohnInCA
    Community Member
    Options

It is greyed out.

You need to be signed into your account.

• Kimbals
    Kimbals
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I am signed in, but the word 'Export' is greyed out.

• JohnInCA
    JohnInCA
    Community Member
    Options

I’m afraid I strike out. Sorry. Others will jump in to help. Be patient.

• Kimbals
    Kimbals
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you John.

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

The data isn't just on the device, it's also in the 1Password cloud.
    Attention, by using the export, the data will not be encrypted.
    The file with your encrypted data is called: 1password.sqlite
    It's in the folder: Name of your session > Appdata > Local > 1Password.

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Sorry duplicate post

• ag_mike_d
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @Kimbals,

Thanks for your message.

Is it possible to download a complete backup copy of all my 1Passord data, in case I ever loose access?

The Emergency Kit is provided with 1Password accounts and includes a place to record your password on it. This way you always have access to your account credentials. If you lose your Secret Key or account password, we cannot restore it for you or help you recover your account.

Get to know your Emergency Kit

It is greyed out.

Exporting your data is certainly an option, but the exported .1PUX or .CSV files are unencrypted so long as they outside of 1Password.

I like to help investigate why the Export option is greyed out while signed in to the 1Password 8 for Windows. As first step, please ensure you have your Emergency Kit at hand and follow this guide to Sign out of the 1Password app. Then sign back in using the emergency kit see if this helps.

If you continue to have difficulties, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138963/can-i-download-a-complete-copy-of-all-my-data-on-1password
    • Your forum username: Kimbals

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.