Popup screen asking Use Password remains

colirnc
colirnc
Community Member

After timeout the app shows a 'Use Password' dialog box.

If I type in the password (without pressing enter first ) the app opens (or the fields are filled in depending on the request); however, the dialog box remains. It needs to be separately closed.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @colirnc

Can you include a screenshot with your private details redacted? I have a vague idea but want to make sure I am on the correct path. Thanks.

• colirnc
    colirnc
    Community Member

Here you are; this shows the prompt and the dialog window that is left behind.

• @colirnc

I'm glad I asked because that was not what I had in mind. Are there any specific steps that you can provide me to reproduce this? We might need to look into this in more detail. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. To be clear when you see the prompt (box) if you place your finger on the sensor does the dialogue box disappear? If you click Use Account Password does the box disappear? I wasn't sure if you moved the prompt to the side and entered the password in the main window. Can you clarify on you meaning of app time out?

• colirnc
    colirnc
    Community Member

Hi,
    No, I haven't tested with the fingerprint sensor, I just type the password. Specifically - when the prompt appears (by time out I mean Locked). The dialog box appears, then enter the password (don't click on the dialog box at all). The password is accepted and the application unlocks, but the dialog box is left on the screen, the only way to remove it is to then go and click on the 'Use Password' button.

In testing, I noticed that if I hit return immediately when the dialog box shows (ie. before entering the password) it also goes away.

Hope that is clearer.

• @colirnc

Thank you, that is indeed helpful.

Something is not right there. We're likely going to need some logs to figure this out. Please send us a diagnostics report. Would it be possible to include a video of the trouble. It may help my colleagues better determine where the trouble is. Please be sure to cover any personal information such as your secrets. The closer we can get to reproducing this the better as that will allow us to share the steps with the team and get a solution. Please include the video in the body of the email.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: colirnc
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138976/popup-screen-asking-use-password-remains#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.