There is no "Advanced" in settings on my PC. How do I prevent aggressive autolock?

Options
AlexeyPanchekha
AlexeyPanchekha
Community Member

This 1password SILENTLY autolocks aggressively without indication on its own user interface.
It makes no sense on my personal PC locking in at my home.
There is "Advanced" in Settings section in your PC interface.
How do I change the 1passwords autolock on my personal PC?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Version 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:There is no "Advanced" in settings on my PC. How do I prevent aggressive autolock?

Comments

• AlexeyPanchekha
    AlexeyPanchekha
    Community Member
    Options

There is NO "Advanced" in Settings section in your PC interface.
    How do I prevent 1passwords autolock on my personal PC?

• JohnInCA
    JohnInCA
    Community Member
    Options

In the desktop app (not the browser plugin), go to Settings (3 vertical dots in upper left) and then to Security. There is a section Auto-Lock. See if those setting do what you want. You might also want to look at the Browser section of Settings and connect the app to the browser plugin.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @AlexeyPanchekha! I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is locking more often than you would like. As mentioned by @JohnInCA (thanks for the assist here!), when using the 1Password 8 desktop app alongside the browser extension, you can adjust your auto-lock settings in the desktop app, and it will apply to both:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and click 1Password near the top.
    2. Unlock with your usual credentials if prompted.
    3. In the top left, next to the word 1Password, click ⋮ > Settings > Security.
    4. Adjust the options under the Auto-lock heading to meet your needs.

If you're just using the extension by itself, you can instead locate the auto-lock settings by right-clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and going to Settings > Security.

Hopefully this helps, but if you're still having trouble, let me know 😄

• AlexeyPanchekha
    AlexeyPanchekha
    Community Member
    Options

Windows standalone app->Settings > Security-> autolock works. Well, setting does exist, which is great!
    Thank you so much for pointing it out.
    Alexey

• Hello again @AlexeyPanchekha,

On behalf of Gem, you're most welcome. I'm happy to hear you were able to find the auto-lock setting in the 1Password 8 for Windows app with her help!

If you have any other concerns, just let us know! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.