Feature Request: Configure Touch ID for specific accounts

Options
jaredhoyt
jaredhoyt
Community Member

First, I love the Touch ID + cli integrations. It's really streamlined my development process.

I would love to be able to configure Touch ID to only unlock specific accounts.

My scenario being, I'm on a work laptop but occasionally need access to my personal account, so I am signed into both accounts. I've got all my github tokens, ssh key, etc. stored in my work account and I'd like to continue using Touch ID to keep that development process smooth. However, I would like to keep my personal account unlockable by password only (I've got a different password for each account).

This would ensure that my employer could have access to my work account with a biometric login but would not be able to access my personal account/vaults.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jaredhoyt! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! Can you tell me a little more about why you'd like to prevent certain accounts from being unlocked using Touch ID? Does your employer mandate that they also enroll their fingerprints on your work Mac and you're concerned that they could use Touch ID to then unlock 1Password using their fingerprints? Do you share the laptop with your employer or with another colleague at work?

Once I better understand the situation I can pass along your request to our product team. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.