Quickly update 'website' for existing logins

Options
fredrikg
fredrikg
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi!

I have used 1password for several years without the browser plugin, so I have managed all logins "manually". And I haven't bothered adding any value to the 'website' property.
Finally, I have installed the browser plugin, but since I haven't added the 'website' property for my logins, the small popup shows "No items to show" when I try to login at a website. So, I still have to open the 1password client to retrieve the username and password and copy and paste them into the login form. At this point, I can click "Save in 1password" for future usage, but this creates a new login entry in 1password for the same login (but this time with the 'website' added), so I have to delete the old login (losing the password history)
Or, I can edit the existing login in the 1password client: copy the URL from the browser URL field to the 'website' property. Both these approaches are a little awkward, especially since I have hundreds of logins in 1password.

Is there an easier way to do this that I am missing?

Many thanks,
Fredrik

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:update website

Comments

• Hi @frederikg,

I'm afraid the two methods you have described are the easy way to add these website URL's in. Going forward if you use 1Password in your browser to create new logins, 1Password will capture the website url and save it within the item.

I would recommend, as you are, tackling each one as you go to next sign in to the website and then Edit the item and add the URL.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful at this time, I'm not sure how we could bulk add the URL's as 1Password doesn't know which website each login item is for.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.