1Password 8 always fills in the wrong username the first time

Options
leef
leef
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I am experiencing an issue identical to https://1password.community/discussion/130170/version-8-autofills-the-wrong-username and https://1password.community/discussion/132755/1password-8-is-entering-the-wrong-username-password

When navigating to a website in Safari with a login form and pressing Command+\, I'm prompted to unlock 1Password. I do so, and the wrong username is populated (and possibly the same password, since it's hidden)

If I delete that username and press Command+\ again, the correct username is populated.

This has been happening to me since upgrading to 1Password 8.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @leef,

I'm sorry for the trouble. It sounds like you are running into an issue which has now been resolved so I'd like to understand a little more on the behaviour you are seeing.

Is it the same item that is being filled everytime?

If so can you locate the item and follow the steps below:

1. Left click the 1Password icon in your browser’s toolbar and sign in.
    2. Select the item that is being filled
    3. Click the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner and select ‘Edit’.
    4. Scroll down to the linked app, and click the red ‘minus’ symbol (if it is present).
    5. Save the item.

Let me know how you get on with the above and if you are still having issues so we can continue to troubleshoot.

ref: dev/core/core#16119

• leef
    leef
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph,

No, this happens with pretty every login the first time. Are you saying the only way to fix it is manually edit and re-save each item?
    As I have over 1,000 logins saved currently, that would be an unfortunate workflow.

• Hey @leef,

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble, no, you shouldn't need to update every login. Just to confirm we are on the same page could you provide me with the below details:

When you try and fill any item, the incorrect username/password that is filled the first time, is it always the same one being filled? Can you send me a screenshot of the item that is filled incorrectly?

Please be mindful to hide any personal information before doing so, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.