[Bug] [Mac app] Can't input Ñ character when unlocking vault

Options
JosephTico
JosephTico
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Mac

Having a bug with the latest version of the 1Password app on macOS. Basically, when the vault is locked and my password is needed I can't input the letter 'ñ' while using the 'U.S. International - PC' keyboard layout.

When using this layout, you enter this character by pressing Option + N at which time the current letter will be replaced by ˜ and then by immediately typing the N it becomes either ñ or Ñ. However for some reason, this is not working on 1Password field when the password is being entered. When clicking the eye icon to show the input form, it does work there.

On every other password prompt on the system this works, it's only on 1Password where it doesn't.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ N/A

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @JosephTico! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to enter the "Ñ" character when unlocking 1Password 8 for Mac. Our developers are aware of this behaviour with certain special characters and are tracking the issue internally. The problem stems from our password fields using an Apple technology called Secure Input. Secure Input is part of macOS and is used by 1Password when you edit an item to make sure that what you type into 1Password is secure and won't be intercepted by other applications.

For the moment the following workarounds are available:

1. Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password for Mac rather than typing in your password each time: Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your Mac
    2. Reveal the password on the lock screen, enter the "Ñ" character and unlock 1Password.
    3. Switch to a keyboard that includes the character in question as part of its layout and not as 2 key presses.
    4. Change your account password to one that doesn't include the "Ñ" character: How to change your 1Password account password

The forth option is likely the best. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the issue is causing. Hopefully the situation can be improved in the future.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#15511

This discussion has been closed.