Revealing master password on website

Options
mrcubz
mrcubz
Community Member

I am a clumsy typist. When I go to the website (NOT the browser extension) to sign in to 1Password, I sometime err in typing my master password. But there is no "reveal password" eye to let me know what I have typed, so I have no way of knowing what my error is. Is there any way for me to see what I have typed while I'm typing in my master password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS 10.13.6
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:reveal password

Comments

• Hi @mrcubz 👋

Thanks for surfacing this, you're correct that there isn't currently a way to view what's been typed when signing in to your account on 1Password.com. I'm happy to submit a feature request for this on your behalf.

In the meantime, if you're not already, I recommend trying the 1Password Mac app: 1Password 8 for Mac

Along with an option to view your typed password, there are a number of features to help you organize and access your data. The Mac app will also integrate with the latest 1Password browser extension for a smoother experience across your device. Let me know if you give it a try or have any questions!

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

@mrcubz

I've also filed a feature request for you about viewing the password. I see you've emailed us too. I'll touch base with you there shortly.

ref: UVK-43597-814
    ref: PB-32117663

This discussion has been closed.